1. I’m really trying to be the bigger person PBO would want me to be, and not feel resentment or bitterness towards a country that last week asked this great president to prove that he’s an American, and suddenly today treats him like he’s Captain America.
2. The sheer guts of this man is just mind-boggling. This operation could have gone wrong in so many ways, and the entire blame would have fallen on his shoulders – because we know our media, and we know how politics works. And yet, he went all in, because this is what had to be done.
3. Can you even imagine what level of strength one needs to give the most awesome stand-up comedy routine ever, knowing that something like *that* is going on?
4. Not surprisingly, but still so brilliantly impressive, he’s been so humble about the whole thing – both last night and today.
5. None of the Teabaggers from Right or Left has bothered me today. There’s nothing they can say that can upset me now. Not after the roller coaster we went through in a span of just few days – Going from feeling so beaten last week, to this joy and hope of today.
6. JAKE TAPPER: “[I]n March, President Obama authorized a plan for the U.S. to bomb Osama bin Laden’s Abbottabad compound with two B2 stealth bombers dropping a few dozen 2,000-pound JDAMs (Joint Direct Attack Munitions) on the compound but President Obama ultimately decided against that. “The helicopter raid was riskier. It was more daring,” an official said. “But he wanted proof. He didn’t want to just leave a pile of rubble.” Officials also knew there were 22 people living there, and Obama wanted to be sure not to kill all the civilians”.
Yea, I don’t even know what to say about that.
7. PBO’s smackdown of Tramp looks even extra awesome now. “These are the kinds of decisions that would keep me up at night”. Heeeeeeeeeeeeee.
8. He is truly, really, really and truly a magnificent, unique, strong, gutsy, brilliant and beautiful human being. I feel so lucky to just live through his time on earth.
9. Finally, I want to thank you, guys. Last week I was half ready to give up. You pulled me up. You, and Barack Obama. Love you, love him. Have a good night.