I respectfully ask everybody to reduce – as much as possible – the attention that we give to a very specific one other site.
1. Turn out that quite a few members of our community never even heard about that other site – can you believe it!? – and I don’t want anyone who comes here to feel like they have no idea what the rest of the class is talking about.
2. Taking shots at the Professional Left is fine. I do it all the time. It’s important to push back against the spins, lies and more than just a hint of racism coming from the self-appointed “speakers” of the “base” – Because apparently being a part of the 95% approval the president has among Liberals, still doesn’t mean that we are the base. (Not to mention many other parts of the Obama coalition – Moderates, Conservatives, all kinds).
Having said that – and understanding as well as anyone the need to vent about that specific place – I have no desire to elevate one blog (even one that is still somewhat influential among the Keith Olbermann base) by making it a main discussion topic here. They really don’t deserve it.
3. Many of us – including myself – left that other place with no intention to ever go back. I think we’d like to hear as little as possible about that depressing venue.
4. And most importantly: We are here to have the president’s back and celebrate a truly amazing presidency in real-time. I’m not going to ban any topic, I’m not going to censure anything – but in the spirit that we created here, I simply ask everyone to try to stay focus on what this place is meant for: Spreading the TRUTH about this great president.
1. Some people asked how they can get in touch with me and where to send links. It’s easy: email@example.com.
2. “I’m Grateful” sticky post still brings amazing comments that can leave me speechless – especially what’s going on under the photos. However, some comments contained full home address and phone number of the poster. I edited these posts and left most details out. Please don’t publish your full home address. This is the Internetz. Be careful.