Okay, here we go. All kept promises (almost) in less than two years, in the midst of the worst crisis in 80 years, and against the most horrible opposition ever:
1. Create an Advanced Manufacturing Fund to invest in peer-reviewed manufacturing processes.
2. Increase minority access to capital.
3. Require economic justification for tax changes.
4. Implement “Women Owned Business” contracting program.
5. Change standards for determining broadband access.
6. Establish a credit card bill of rights.
7. Expand loan programs for small businesses.
8. Extend and index the 2007 Alternative Minimum Tax patch.
9. Close the “doughnut hole” in Medicare prescription drug plan.
10. Expand the Senior Corps volunteer program.
11. Require insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions.
12. Give tax credits to those who need help to pay health premiums.
13. Require large employers to contribute to a national health plan.
14. Require children to have health insurance coverage.
15. Expand eligibility for Medicaid.
16. Expand eligibility for State Children’s Health Insurance Fund (SCHIP).
17. Require health plans to disclose how much of the premium goes to patient care.
18. Establish an independent health institute to provide accurate and objective information.
19. In non-competitive markets, force insurers to pay out a reasonable share of their premiums for patient care.
20. Eliminate the higher subsidies to Medicare Advantage plans.
21. Expand funding to train primary care providers and public health practitioners.
22. Increase funding to expand community based prevention programs.
23. Reinstate executive order to hire an additional 100,000 federal employees with disabilities within five years.
24. Increase the Veterans Administration budget to recruit and retain more mental health professionals.
25. Fully fund the Veterans Administration.
26. Assure that the Veterans Administration budget is prepared as ‘must-pass’ legislation.
27. Expand the Veterans Administration’s number of “centers of excellence” in specialty care.
28. Appoint a special adviser to the president on violence against women.
29. Fully fund the Violence Against Women Act.
30. Direct military leaders to end war in Iraq.
31. Begin removing combat brigades from Iraq.
32. No permanent bases in Iraq.
33. Send at least two additional brigades to Afghanistan.
34. Strengthen and expand military exchange programs with other countries.
35. Make greater investment in advanced military air technology.
36. End the abuse of supplemental budgets for war.
37. Make U.S. military aid to Pakistan conditional on anti-terror efforts.
38. Give a speech at a major Islamic forum in the first 100 days of his administration.
39. Allocate Homeland Security funding according to risk.
40. Create a real National Infrastructure Protection Plan.
41. Increase funding for local emergency planning.
42. Stand down nuclear forces to be reduced under the Moscow Treaty.
43. Appoint a White House Coordinator for Nuclear Security.
44. Initiate a grant and training program for law enforcement to deter cyber crime.
45. Improve relations with Turkey, and its relations with Iraqi Kurds.
46. Launch an international Add Value to Agriculture Initiative (AVTA).
47. Create a rapid response fund for emerging democracies.
48. Grant Americans unrestricted rights to visit family and send money to Cuba.
49. Restore funding for the Byrne Justice Assistance Grant (Byrne/JAG) program.
50. Establish an Energy Partnership for the Americas.
51. Expand the Nurse-Family Partnership to all low-income, first-time mothers.
52. Release presidential records.
53. Require new hires to sign a form affirming their hiring was not due to political affiliation or contributions.
54. Provide affordable, high-quality child care.
55. Recruit math and science degree graduates to the teaching profession.
56. Reduce subsidies to private student lenders and protect student borrowers.
57. Encourage water-conservation efforts in the West.
58. Increase funding for national parks and forests.
59. Increase funding for the Land and Water Conservation Fund.
60. Expand Pell grants for low-income students.
61. Remove more brush, small trees and vegetation that fuel wildfires.
62. Push for enactment of Matthew Shepard Act, which expands hate crime law to include sexual orientation and other factors.
63. Restore funding to the EEOC and the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs.
64. Reform mandatory minimum sentences.
65. Fully fund the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG).
66. Establish ‘Promise Neighborhoods’ for areas of concentrated poverty.
67. Create an artist corps for schools.
68. Add another Space Shuttle flight.
69. Increase spending to prepare for longer space missions.
70. Establish school programs to highlight space and science achievements.
71. Establish special crime programs for the New Orleans area.
72. Rebuild schools in New Orleans.
73. Fund a major expansion of AmeriCorps.
74. Appoint the nation’s first Chief Technology Officer.
75. Provide grants to early-career researchers.
76. Work to overturn Ledbetter vs. Goodyear.
77. Create a national declassification center.
78. Create new financial regulations.
79. Increase funding for land-grant colleges.
80. Ban lobbyist gifts to executive employees.
81. Sign health care bill into law by the end of the first term.
82. Create new criminal penalties for mortgage fraud.
83. Raise fuel economy standards.
84. Invest in all types of alternative energy.
85. Enact tax credit for consumers for plug-in hybrid cars.
86. Create a ‘Green Vet Initiative’ to promote environmental jobs for veterans.
87. Create job training programs for clean technologies.
88. Require states to provide incentives for utilities to reduce energy consumption.
89. Invest in public transportation.
90. Equalize tax breaks for driving and public transit.
91. Double federal spending for research on clean fuels.
92. Increase funding for the Environmental Protection Agency.
93. Extend unemployment insurance benefits and temporarily suspend taxes on these benefits.
94. Reverse restrictions on stem cell research.
95. End Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.